Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kicked to the side of the road

Yeah, it was a GREAT day at work. Then I came home and checked my e-mail. I've been waiting for the past week to hear back from BYU-I about whether or not they'll let me get a minor for my Spanish. And I would have been better off not checking my e-mail today. They came back and said no. Because I'm an Elementary Ed major they won't let me get the minor. I was so frustrated. They tell me that I can come back after graduation as a non-traditional student to get the minor...but what good does that do me, or them? Their purpose is to get students OUT so there is room for more students. But...if I go back after graduation it will be just the same as if I'm there now. It doesn't make any sense to me. I feel like I'm being kicked to the side of the road and abandoned, that my education isn't important to them. It is all so...ARGH! I felt so good about everything...and now I feel as if all my plans have gone down the drain...

2 comments:

  1. That is really frustrating! But just remember. The Lord is in charge and He probably has something better in mind for you. Besides. What would life be if things actually worked out the way you planned?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If are certified to teach Spanish when you get a job, then you start off at base pay. If you get certified AFTER you start teaching, they will give you a raise! Sis. Frongner knows about it.

    ReplyDelete