Friday, March 18, 2011

I Am SO Blessed!

Well, it wasn't that long ago that I was upset because I didn't know if BYU-I would approve my petition for the TESOL Education Minor. Well...I have been checking my e-mail faithfully every night. I have been praying with everything I had. I have fasted. I have held out my faith and not gotten discouraged. Or at least tried not to. There have been a few times that I've been a little down. But today I got amazing news that is such a great blessing in coming... BYU-IDAHO APPROVED MY PETITION FOR THE TESOL EDUCATION MINOR!!!!!! I had a great day at work, and went straight to the temple with my parents after work. After we got home and ate dinner, I got online and checked my BYU-I e-mail, completely not expecting to find anything on the minor. But the first message in my in-box had the title of "Double Major/Minor Petition." I didn't even feel nervous. I felt instant peace...and knew that I had been accepted. I opened the e-mail and started crying...from joy. My hands went up into the air, and I cheered. My family cheered. And I got right online to drop some of my courses, and pick up others that I need for my minor. All but one were open. And I e-mailed the professor of that class, explaining my situation that I was waiting for this petition to be approved, to see if I'll be able to get into that class. So far, Heavenly Father has taken care of my every need, every desire of my heart. I have great faith that He will continue to do so. Everything will work out.

This will also allow me to work a few more hours at work. That will surely be a great blessing. Of course...it will totally mess up the schedule that my boss has created for the next like 7 weeks, but I told him it was a possibility. I'll let him know tomorrow. That is...if he works tomorrow. Otherwise I'll let him know first thing Monday morning. But either way, it's enough time for him to rework the schedule.

I have such a strong testimony of Heavenly Father taking care of His children when they do what is right. It wasn't exactly easy for me to go on a mission, but I knew that Heavenly Father wanted me to go. I knew that He wanted me to learn Spanish. I knew that He wanted me to use it later in my life. And now He is laying the way for me to be able to fulfill all of the plans that He's got in store for me. What a blessing it is to be living here now!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Having that minor will make it so much easier for you to get a job! :)

    ReplyDelete