Monday, March 2, 2009

Getting Started

Wow. So I thought that I had until tomorrow to freak out about starting my papers. Not so. Bishop Rossiter called me last night and said that he tried to catch me at church but wasn't able to. He said that he'd opened my papers and gave me the information I needed to start them. I didn't know what to say. I started freaking out, that's for sure. But not in the same sense that I did when I first felt that I need to go on a mission four months ago. It was a peaceful feeling, though I was kinda walking around in a daze. After I got off the phone with Bishop, I ate my dinner while texting Britney. I'd told her about the guy I've started to like and she was trying to calm me down and eventually just called me. She kinda opened my eyes to the whole thing. She said that maybe the Lord just needed me to show that I was willing to go on a mission. Or maybe He's trying to test me to see how strong I am. Or Brittani said that maybe Satan is just aware of how good of a missionary I'll be. That was some food for thought. Anyway, after I got off the phone with Britney, I called Mom and Dad and told them that I had everything to start them, and that I was going to after the CES fireside. I still don't know what to think. It seems unreal. However, today although I'm thinking about the boy, I know that I'm doing the right thing. Sure I want to go on a date with him. I'll take care of that. I'm going on a mission! And boy am I excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment