Saturday, July 16, 2011


Last weekend, despite my pending finals, I went to Utah. Of course, it was a well-needed break. My brain was getting to the point of exhaustion. I went because my dear Hermana Newbold is home from her mission, and when I left I promised her I'd be there. And a true friend never breaks their promises. But...I had other fun along the way. I left Rexburg early Friday afternoon and hit the road. I was super excited! I had a great weekend planned! First stop: Brigham City, where I spent a little bit visiting with one of my best friends from high school who I hadn't seen since her wedding 4 years ago. And I met her adorable little boy! It was so good to see her again and catch up.

From there, I headed on down to Ogden. I stopped by my Aunt Katherine's house (ok, so she's really my dad's aunt, but close enough) and visited with her for a little bit. Then one of my friends took me out for a late birthday dinner. When I got back to my grandma's house where I was staying, I sat and visited with her and one of her sisters for a while. Then they went to bed...and I was wide awake with nothing to do. So I got on the computer.

On Saturday, I went with my grandma to Aunt Katherine's birthday lunch. It was good to see all of their sisters who I hadn't seen in a few years. We drove past the Brigham City Temple that is under construction. It's going to be a pretty one...but then again, what temple isn't? After that, I got together with a couple of college friends, Jill and Bea. We went to dinner at Cafe Rio. Then we went and walked around the mall until I got with some of my mission friends. We went bowling. It was so good to see all of them and hang out with them. I was never companions with any of these sisters as they're all English sisters, but I did serve in the same area as one of them for a transfer. But regardless...sister missionaries are close.

On my way to the homecoming on Sunday, I stopped and visited another of my friends and her husband. When I got to Hermana Newbold's church and she saw me, she gave me a HUGE hug! I didn't think she was ever gonna let go...and I didn't care! Oh how I miss the mission and my companions! Hermana Cope, well...Alli...who I came home with was there too. It was great to see both of them and catch up on good times. I'm so grateful for the change in mission boundaries that allowed me to be able to meet both of these sweet friends :) After lunch, I was able to sit and talk with Natalie, but that's weird...for like an hour. Poor thing. She's super shell-shocked. But she'll be fine. I've survived, haven't I? haha

Before I came home, I made one last stop to see Hermana Shade. We had a great visit too. It was so fun to talk about old times and the things we went through together and to catch up on what the other is doing now.

It was a great weekend, and it really got me excited for my student teaching in Utah here in just a few months! I've got so many friends down there! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment