Saturday, July 16, 2011

Finals...with a smidge of fun thrown in

Finals are next week. But it was this week that was torture for me. I've been so busy that I haven't even been able to sleep! After coming back from Utah, I was in the library on Monday from 8:30 am until 11:30 pm, minus 2 hours for class and an hour for FHE. Tuesday was pretty much the same, except I'm in class for longer on Tuesdays. I was so exhausted. I needed to come home for an apartment complex meeting about white glove. As I was walking home, Kelsey (one of my roommates) texted and asked where I was. Then she told me that she had dinner waiting on the table for me! What a sweet-heart! I could have cried. On Wednesday, I did some homework at home before class. I was so tired that I felt like I was going to fall asleep WALKING to class. I came home when I got out of class because I had to work. I laid down on the couch for 10 minut(es and fell deep-enough asleep that I was dreaming. That's pretty hard-core. I went to work. I came home, fully planning on going back to the library, but I didn't have any energy left to walk up there. So I stayed at home. I opened my computer to try to do homework, but just went cross-eyed so I closed it and went to bed. I got like 8 hours of sleep. I woke up feeling so good on Thursday! I took a nap when I got home...but only because we were going to the midnight premiere of Harry Potter 7.2! (Which, if you haven't seen it yet, is EPIC!) I drove up and picked up Mom from girl's camp. While we were on our way back to IF, Dad (who was already in line at the theater) called and said that if we also bought tickets to see Cars 2 we'd already be in our seats and not have to deal with crowds, so Mom said to go ahead. I thought that she was crazy! Because I haven't been able to stay awake through one, let alone TWO movies since I've been home! And yet here they were, paying bookoo bucks for us to see two movies, so I had to stay awake. I was standing in line trying to write a test for one of my classes that was due on Friday, and nothing was coming to me. So I eventually gave up. We watched the movies. Cars 2 is hilarious. I highly recommend it. Of course, it may have been more funny for me because my funny-bone was highly sensitive due to lack of sleep, but what can ya do? And Harry Potter...Wow. I've grown up with Harry Potter! Like I was 10 when I read the first book. That's over HALF of my life-time spent with Harry Potter! And now it's all over. Done. Nada mas! But I was so pleased with the way that the movie ended. Oh...it was SO good! It had to have been...I actually stayed awake through both of them. Wide awake. Awake enough that I went home and sat down with my computer and stayed up until 4:30 finishing my lesson plan (of course, that was partly due to necessity). Then I went to bed. I was SO tired yesterday though. When I got home, I flopped down on my bed and slept hard for like 2 hours, then got up and got ready for the night. I went to the play that one of my counselors is in. Then came home and went to bed. I woke up late this morning, and lounged around all morning. Then I went to the temple. And came home and lounged around some more. Then one of my friends was in town, so we went and got some ice cream. And now...what am I doing? Laying on my bed getting caught up on my blog. I am feeling good, going into finals. I've got one presentation, one paper to make a couple changes to and hand in, and one unit exam. That's it. I'll be done by Wednesday by 3:00. Free for 7 weeks! And getting ready to head off on vacation! And things are looking good for this semester...I think I should end up with all A's...which is pretty impressive considering the struggle I've had this semester to re-motivate myself for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment