Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Waiting...

If you've never waited for a mission call to come, it's a very... interesting time. At least for me. As I mentioned, I didn't want to know when it's coming because I knew that I wouldn't be able to focus on anything. Not that I have that much that I have to do despite the fact that it's finals, but still. I also knew that I wouldn't be able to sleep. I've actually done okay in the focusing department. Sure I've struggled a little focusing on World Civ, but I've been that way all semester. I actually sat down and studied for about an hour and a half today. Yea me! That test will be done with at 8:45 in the morning, and I'm so excited! I sold back my book today, and boy did that feel good! Anyway, I can focus okay, but sleep... that's another story. Saturday night I sat up in the living room, finally falling asleep sometime between 2:30 and 3:00 am. I woke up around 3:00 and decided to come into bed, thinking that as tired as I was I'd be able to sleep. Not so, my friends, not so. I tossed and turned, and remember last looking at my clock between 4:30 and 5:00 and I was woken up by the lovely sound of my roommate's alarm at 7:00 am. That's right, I only got about 2 hours of sleep. I figured I'd just take a nice, long nap that afternoon, but alas, that wasn't to be the case. My ward had a potluck between conference sessions so we went to that, and I was falling asleep so I came back up before the rest of my roommates so I could try to sleep a bit. There was an hour before the next session started, so I thought I'd get an hour of sleep. I laid down on the couch and fell asleep pretty fast, but woke up about 25 minutes after I laid down and couldn't fall back asleep. Oh well. I thought I'd make it to bed early because I was so tired. But again, it wasn't meant to be. I went Stadium Singing one last time (yes, it made me cry when we sang God Be With You Til We Meet Again) and came home to get ready for bed. I pulled out my planner and realized that I hadn't done my reading for my Special Ed class. All I did was print out the article, because I had a break during which I could do the reading, but turning on my computer took some time and then loading the article was ridiculous because my internet was being so slow. Once I finally got the article printed out and got into bed, it was close to 11:30, but I still had 7 hours to sleep... if I'd been able to fall asleep right away that is. I tossed and turned for a few hours and only got about 5 hours of sleep. I was so tired. I fell asleep for a few minutes during World Civ and again during my break, but that was only about 10 minutes of sleep combined. I came home after class and laid down to try to get some sleep because I knew that I would be driving down to IF for FHE. I did, for about half an hour. So, I drove down to IF after only getting 8 hours of sleep in 2 days. Probably not the smartest thing, but oh well. We all made it back alive. My Relief Society President was having a bridal shower last night, so I went over to that for a while, and when I got home around 10:30 told my roommates I was going to go to bed. Well, dad had called me about my broken tail light so I called him back and talked to him for a while, and started getting ready for bed around 11:00. That's not too bad, right? Well, when Shaina came in at 1:30 I was still up, typing away on my computer. I wasn't wasting time, I was actually writing a paper for my mission prep class, but I still got a dirty look because I should have been asleep. But when I finally turned my light off around 2:00 am I fell right asleep, and didn't wake up until after 9:30 this morning, and then I laid in bed for an hour without doing anything, then picked up my computer and played around for a while, staying in bed until after 11:00. That felt nice, and boy was it needed. I got up and leisurely got ready then went to lunch with Britney. It was tasty, and super nice, because now I'm not going to need to decide what to fix for dinner, 'cause I'm stuffed! Then I went and sold back my World Civ book and came home, grabbed a blanket and went outside to study for my World Civ test. Not the most enjoyable activity, but it needed to be done. And I figure that if I can't sleep again tonight I'll sit up and study some more. But it was gorgeous outside to sit and study! I love springtime! I'm tempted to take off on a walk, but we'll see. I really should study some more for my test tomorrow... then again, no matter how much I've studied for the rest of the tests I've had this semester I've failed, so maybe not. I'm kinda beyond the point of caring, and my mind likes to keep wandering off onto a certain envelope that is in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment