Sunday, February 8, 2009

Peace Really Can Come

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Everything really does depend on your attitude. Now, Friday really was a bad day. Jill and I went to WalMart to get some groceries, and I pretty much complained the whole time. When we got home, she told me that I wasn't allowed to work on my project any more that night. I was like, "Jill, you don't understand. I can't NOT work on it. I've got too much to do and don't have any ideas yet." I was pretty much in tears. Jill told me that I needed to go on a walk or a drive, somewhere I can be by myself for a while and just think about things. I said that I had too much to do. She basically said, "Kira, you're not going to get anything done if you're like this. Take a while and go cool down." I sad here for a minute and then admitted that I should go have our brothers give me a blessing so I would be able to calm down and focus and get ideas. I walked over there in tears. Kyle answered the door and I told him that I needed a blessing, and explained everything that's been going on. He went and changed into a shirt and tie and combed his hair. I admire that. When a Priesthood holder changes his clothes before he gives someone a blessing, I feel that it shows a great deal of respect for the Priesthood they hold and the Lord who they speak for. I immediately felt peace. When I left his apartment, I wandered around for a while, and ended up at the Taylor playing the piano. The hymnbook on the piano was opened to the hymn, "Did You Think to Pray?" I started to play it and felt so much peace. After I got home, I forced myself to eat a little something, but wasn't really hungry because I was feeling so stressed. We went Latin Dancing again, and had a great time. When I saw Kyle there, he asked me how I was feeling, and I honestly told him that I was feeling much better because I'd gone off and played the piano after i left his place and allowed myself to cool down. I came home and went to bed and slept in until almost 10:00 yesterday morning. It was the best night's sleep I've had in a long time because I usually stay up thinking about some project or another. I got up and ate breakfast. Spencer called Jill, but she was studying for her Anat. & Phys. test, so she had me talk to him. We talked for about 10 minutes. After we got off the phone I showered and got dressed. I didn't really do my hair other than pulling my bangs completely back and putting it in a pony tail. I didn't do any makeup yesterday. I just didn't care. I sat down and prepared my Gospel Doctrine lesson--which turned out so good. The Spirit was so strong. I am so grateful for my calling because I've learned so much and feel the Spirit so often during class. After I finished my lesson, I started looking up things I could do for my project, and the ideas started flowing. I had more ideas come to my mind than I knew what to do with. Once I had everything figured out, we went to Porter's and Brolums to get things so I could get started. I came home and worked for 7 hours. Including the time I spent planning and getting the supplies, I spent 9-10 hours on the project yesterday. I kept having ideas of how I could improve what I was workign on come to my mind. And I didn't want to stop to go to bed, and I sorta wish that today weren't Sunday so I could be working on it. But I'm not going to compromise my standards to work on that project today. I've put it away and will pick it back up tomorrow after class. But I know that I'll be better off for putting it aside today and enjoying my Sabbath Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment