Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Craziness that is My Life

My life has been crazy for the past few weeks. Absolutely insane would probably be a better way to put it. I got my project done that I was so stressed about last time I posted and presented it yesterday. It was a hit! All that stress and tears paid off. I'm still going to tweak it for the "MuseumFest" on the last day of class, but I've got 6 weeks to get it done so I've got plenty of time.

Last Monday was Kesha's Valentine's concert, so I drove home and surprised her. They sang "The Cuckoo" so I was able to go up on stage and sing with her. Driving back up here on Tuesday was scary though. It was snowing and the roads were icy and it took me almost an hour to get here. On Friday I skipped classes (okay, so only choir. I went to World Civ. and the rest were cancelled) so I could go down to IF and work at City Floral for V-day. Boy was that crazy! I worked almost 13 hours between Friday and Saturday. Saturday night I went out to Anderson's for the branch V-day party. I think that's when it really hit me how soon I'll be leaving on my mission and am going to have to say goodbye to all of my friends and such. On Sunday after church, we went down to Grandma's in Utah. Monday morning we drove down to Draper so we could go through the temple open house. That's the second one I've been to in the past year. I love going in the temple. Even in an undedicated temple there is a Spirit you don't feel anywhere else. However, considering that I'll likely have my mission call in 2 months, I'll be able to go through the temple soon. Man, that's a crazy thought.

Yesterday for our devotional, the guy who is in charge of the campus construction projects talked about the MC and Auditorium projects. I'm not going to recognize this place when I get home! There have been about a million changes made in the past 3 years that I've been here, but over the next 18 months it's gonna be crazy! All of the construction will be done when I get home from my mission in less than 2 years. Holy Moly! It'll be way nice though!

Last night I had my endorsement interview with Bishop Rossiter. While I was in there, I talked to him about starting my papers because I want to submit them through my home ward since that's where I'll be leaving from. He said that he can start my papers up here then transfer my records home for my final interview with the Bishop and Stake President. That will work out perfectly, because by the time I can submit my papers on April 1, we'll be done with church up here since school gets out on April 9 and we've got General Conference in there. I'm actually down to 11 days until I can start on my papers. I'm way excited... but kinda nervous becuase I don't know what to expect. All I know is that the Lord is in control and knows what He's doing. As long as I put my faith in Him, everything will be fine.

So as much as I really don't want to, I've got to get some homework done tonight. I have a couple things I've got to have done for tomorrow. I'd really rather just go to bed, but I can sleep in in the morning because I don't have my practicum anymore (which actually makes me sad because I won't be back in a classroom until after my mission). I've got my interview with Sister Hovey at 11:30, but I had to be to the school by 10. Heck, I can sleep in until 10 in the morning! That will be amazing! And so totally needed. I'll usually use that time for homework, but I've had a hard block and deserve a little time to sleep, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment