Tuesday, March 2, 2010


Okay... I am SO excited about what happened yesterday, but I'll wait until I get there and will go through the week like normal.

Monday: P-day. It was rainy, which was okay because it was a warm rain. Well, relatively warm, considering it is still February (or was). We went over to Albuquerque to where the elders have their p-day basketball games (because that's all they ever do) so I could practice. Yep, I volunteered to sing a song again for Zone Conference. Actually, this time they called me in desperation and said "Sister Good, we need someone to sing." But before I said yes, I made sure that it wasn't as difficult as the last song. This one was a song out of the Primary song book, "Baptism" and President wanted a duet, so yes, Piece of cake. The elder who played the piano also sang.

Tuesday: We had Zone Conference. I LOVE Zone Conference! It recharges my batteries for 6 weeks. We all came out of the Conference feeling energized and ready to work and help people come unto Christ. The song went very well. That night for dinner we ate with a family who just moved here from New York where the brother just graduated from school. But as we were talking, I found out that the sister, Chantelle Blight, is from Moreland (I think?) but she graduated from Snake River and knows TaNece and Angilee and she thinks her older sister may know Aunt Heather. Small world, huh? And she sent us home with a loaf of homemade bread that we thoroughly enjoyed with the jam that mom sent me.

Wednesday: We did lots of walking, and it was a little cold, but nothing that I can't handle. Every time I thought I was cold I remembered the e-mail mom sent me last Monday morning saying that they were -1 outside and I felt nice and toasty. We also had the English class, and had one of our investigators show up which was good. That's the goal--to have our investigators come and bring friends so we can find more people to teach.

Thursday: We went out and did finding. We also contacted several people we hadn't seen in a while to see if they were interested to learn more about the message. It was cold and windy, but we survived.

Friday: We had our weekly planning. It is hard to believe how fast the time is flying by here in the mission! I had a bit of a sore throat and didn't feel super-duper great, but we were in the house for most of the day. That evening we went to the Marquez' for our Friday night appointment, but this one was a little different. Becky turned 15 (which is the big birthday for people in the Latin culture) so Sister Marquez had us over for dinner, and later had invited her sister and some friends who aren't members (as kind of an impromptu Mariachi band) and we were able to talk to them.

Saturday: We went and did service for Magda, who is packing up her house so she can move so we helped her with some of that. I still wasn't feeling well, and actually wondered if I was coming down with the flu. That was NOT a good feeling, knowing that we're too busy for me to get sick and not be able to leave the house. Our last appointment canceled, so we went home early and I was able to get to bed early (not that I'm not in bed early every night compared to 8 months ago)

Sunday: I was feeling better, thank goodness! That was an act of faith and helped by sleeping early. We went and knocked on doors all morning down in Bernalillo, then headed up to Rio Rancho for the meeting that we have been waiting for for months! Yesterday was the meeting to create La Rama Coronado! We walked in and there were so many people! We were way excited. There were more people there than anyone was expecting--they had to open the overflow! The Spirit was so strong in that meeting. They had called and asked me to lead the music, so I was able to stand up in front during the songs and look everyone in the face. It was a beautiful meeting. I was very surprised, but excited to hear the name of the Branch President. I am also excited about his counselors. They are all men who I have worked with (well, we haven't worked with one of them, but are excited to start) and they are all very much supportive of the missionary work to help the branch grow. This branch is off to a strong start! There was so much excitement and the people are all ready to start attending church in their native tongue and be able to understand everything. That left us all in very good spirits for the rest of the night. The people of this stake are going to be so blessed by having this branch!

So yeah. That's my week in a nutshell. Mom, don't worry about my health. I am feeling much better today--other than my nose being all stuffed up I'm perfectly fine today. I can hear out of both of my ears and my eyes don't hurt like they have been. Yes, I'm dosing up on vitamin C and taking care of myself. Can you all believe that I have been gone for 8 months now? We went and had the Bishop's wife cut our hair this morning and she was asking how long we've been out and I'm pretty sure that my eyes bugged out of my head when I realized that I have been on the mission for 8 months, here in this area for 6. The time is passing so quickly! I can hardly believe it! What a blessing to be here!
(This is what the dog bite looks like now)

I love you all! Take care!

Hermana Good

No comments:

Post a Comment