Monday, March 22, 2010

Bernalillo, NM, Transfer 5, Week 5

Dear Family and Friends,

Here we are at another Monday morning and time to e-mail. And once again I can't believe how fast the week flew by, and how jam-packed it was with missionary activities.

Monday: P-day. We went to Albuquerque with one of the Sisters in the Bernalillo Ward to play Volleyball. I am way out of practice, but managed to not get hurt. It was a beautiful, sunny day.

Tuesday: It was beautiful and Sunny again. We went and visited the family of the dog that bit me in December, and the sister asked how my leg is doing, so I showed her the scar. She thought it looked horrible, and felt so bad. But in all reality, this is NOTHING compared to what it was 3 months ago when it was still bleeding and looked like it was infected. And I keep putting vitamin E oil on it, and it is slowly but surely getting lighter in color.

Wednesday: Guess what--another beautiful day. We did lots of walking, which felt amazing out in the sunshine--and at this rate I'll look like the Mexican people think I am in no time, although Mexicans aren't red like I was. One of our investigators gave each of us a porcelain doll from her collection. And I learned "Las Mananitas" a Spanish Birthday song to sing to Gloria, a recent convert.

Thursday: We had District Meeting outside and at 10:30 in the morning were nice and toasty. So yes, that means that we had another beautiful day here in New Mexico. We went and did some service for one of the sisters in the branch who is having some health problems and for Magda, to help her get her things into her garage so they'd be easier to move when the brothers came to help her. And we went and made gorditas with Socorro again. Yummy!

Friday: We had planning, and then went and knocked on doors. It was a little chilly, and overcast. Actually, while we were planning there was a wind storm that blew up the dirt so bad we could hardly see the trees across the field from our apartment. You should have seen us scrambling to close all of our windows when that came up. It was quite the sight. We had dinner with the Marquez family--who really have taken us in like we're members of the family.

Saturday: Happy first day of Spring--we woke up to a good 2" of snow on the ground with more coming down and the wind blowing. But I love New Mexico--by the time we left a few hours later it was gone. It was a little chilly, but we were fine with just sweaters on for most of the day. We knocked on a lot of doors, and found some possibilities of people to teach.

Sunday: Once again a beautiful day. The sun was shining and it was nice and toasty. They had asked me to speak in Church, so I gave a talk on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. That was actually the first talk I've given in the almost 7 months I've been here. I don't know how I've lucked out for so long, but I have. After Church, Sister Luna had invited us for dinner. Oh how I've missed her cooking and spending time with their family. We had a delicious meal of taquitos with homemade salsa, y sopa mexicana (that was too spicy for some of the people there who grew up with spicy but for me it was perfect--I told you that people think I'm a Mexican--I even eat like one) y brunuelos for dessert. I was in heaven!

So yeah. That's my week. It was a pretty good one. Here we are in the last week of the transfer. We'll find out on Saturday what will happen--we know that at least one of us is leaving because Sister Trunnell is going home and that will leave us at 4 Spanish Sisters in the mission, so we can't have a trio. And I'll be the only one of those 4 who can drive. So it will be interesting to see what happens. I'll let you all know on Monday where I'm going or if I'm staying.

Love you all.

Hermana Good

No comments:

Post a Comment