Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bernalillo, NM, Transfer 5, Week 4

Another week has flown by. The weather is warming up. We are spending more time walking (though that is partly attributed to the fact that we don't have a lot of miles left and still have 2 weeks of the transfer). And we are getting very curious as to how transfers will turn out--because we know that at least one of us is leaving. We don't want to. But we'll be back down to 4 Spanish Sisters as Sister Trunnell is going home and so we'll be back to 2 and 2.

Monday: It was p-day. We e-mailed and bought our groceries, and went back home. It was rainy and cold and we all sat down and fell asleep. Don't worry. We didn't miss any appointments. And it was nice to get that little boost of energy that we needed.

Tuesday: It was a really busy day that absolutely flew by. We received 2 referrals from the Elders that both seemed like good contacts when we went to talk to them. And there was a lightning storm. I'd forgotten how frequently we get those down here, because through the winter there weren't too many. But I've seen several in the past week or so.

Wednesday: We woke up to snow. We had planned on going outside and walking, but when I woke up with the alarm and looked out the window I laid back down and pulled the covers over my head until 6:30 when we have to be up (I'm the only one who ever wakes up to the alarm when it first goes off) It was cold and we did lots of walking. We were bundled up and I felt like I was back in Idaho.

Thursday: We had District Meeting which always inspires us to go out and do better. And then we went to our appointments and found a lot of people not home. But I guess that's a typical occurrence in la obra misional (missionary work).

Friday: We had weekly planning--hard to believe it was already Friday. We planned out a full week and should stay very busy this week. And we ate dinner with President Frank and his family. He's got 4 beautiful daughters, ranging from 18 months to 8 or 9. It was nice being back in his home (we had a lot of lessons there when his ward was still in the boundaries of our area).

Saturday: We went and knocked on doors, and found a street with mostly Hispanics. I don't know why we'd never knocked there before. Probably because we knew that the Elders had, but that had been awhile, and they must have knocked during the week when it's hard to find people at home because the people at practically every house spoke Spanish. But not too many invited us to come back. How sad. It was a beautiful day to be out walking and I was quite warm with my light jacket. We also went and helped Magda for a while with the yard sale she had again this weekend to sell what she could before she moves this week. And for the Marquez family it marked one month since their baptism. They are still continuing to progress wonderfully.

Sunday: It was snowy and cold, though when we left our apartment for our meeting before church the sun was shining and it looked like it was going to be a beautiful day so I didn't take a coat or gloves, just my blazer. I had to pay for that later on. But I'm a tough Idaho girl, right? They called the Relief Society Presidency, and we were ecstatic to hear who had been called. They are all sisters who I love very much and have worked with at least a little bit for help with lessons. But when I heard the name of the secretary, I was so excited! It will be a wonderful opportunity and blessing for Sister Marquez to learn more about the Relief Society to be involved first hand in the Presidency and organization of the Branch. And Brother Marquez received the sacerdocio (priesthood), which will be such a wonderful blessing for him and his family.

All in all, it kind of looks like I had a boring week. But it sure flew by. I can hardly believe how fast the time goes in the mission. It is hard to believe that I have been here for several months, and yet at the same time I really can't remember my life before the mission. Of course, that's probably a good thing so I can stay focused and put my whole heart into the work here. Thanks for the letters and prayers from home. I love you all. (Oh--Leeann and John, I got your wedding announcement. You both look happy :) Congratulations!)

Hermana Good

No comments:

Post a Comment