Monday, March 8, 2010

Bernalillo, NM, Transfer 5, Week 3

Dear Family and Friends,

Here we are at another Monday, with another week having flown by here in the mission. I can't believe how fast the time is going.

Monday: We went and had the Bishop's wife cut our hair. I'm really starting to love the length of my hair as it is getting a lot longer so just had it trimmed because it needed it bad (I don't know if I've ever gone that long without a haircut--almost 9 months) And we had a few lessons in the evening.

Tuesday: We contacted a bunch of people Sister Shade knew when she was here, and some of them were really receptive to our message. What a blessing to have Sister Shade back here to the area where she was for 4 months and knows so many people, because Bernalillo isn't that big.

Wednesday: We went and did service for Magda. She is packing up everything in her house and was getting ready for the garage sale she had on Saturday. We spent a few hours there. We had the English class in the evening, and are hoping that the attendance starts picking up--it should now as the Elders know about it to tell their investigators, and it will be moving from Bernalillo to the Branch Building which is much more of a central location.

Thursday: We were good and got up and exercised which left us feeling very energized and ready to go for the day. And it was a BEAUTIFUL day! It was warm and sunny and we did lots of walking. (In fact, when I woke up on Friday, I had a bit of a sunburn on my arms) Because we were walking we were able to contact a lot of people. I got a call from a sister in High Range ward whose husband is a truck driver saying that they had a package from home for me. Her husband says that I've got a really cool mom and that the bread was delicious and to tell you thank you (me too! It's been yummy to eat that for breakfast)

Friday: We did planning, then went to District Meeting because we had our interviews with President. Then we went and taught a couple of lessons, and ate dinner with one of our investigator families (which was a blessing because we didn't have a dinner appointment)

Saturday: We went and helped Magda with her estate sale, helping her move things around, then we went back and helped her move what didn't sell into the garage so she can have another sale this next weekend. We went and met with President Frank and the Marquez family. We did lots more walking. And to finish the day we went to the chili cook-off for the Bernalillo ward and were able to talk to a few people there and eat a better dinner than we would have had at home (because we didn't have a dinner appointment again).

Sunday: We had church. We were so excited about the branch! There were over 80 people there. For those who know how the seminary buildings are set up, you know there isn't a lot of room. Yes there is an accordion wall, but for the time being, the Stake offices are in the seminary building until the stake center is done in about a month or so, and the high council room is on the other side of the wall. There wasn't space for everyone who came to sit down. There were a few brothers, including the Elders standing in the hall, and the 3 sisters were sharing 2 chairs. We were so excited to have such a good turnout! And we were also way excited that there were 2 callings given (and only 2) to the Branch Mission Leader and his wife as a Branch Missionary. They are a family we work with a lot for lessons and whatnot, so we are very excited about that.

Well, yeah. That's my week in a nutshell. It's been a good one, and we've got another busy week planned this week. I hope you all enjoy your week.

Hermana Good

No comments:

Post a Comment