Monday, March 26, 2012

And now for the next step: Planning a Wedding

Well, to start off, I'm going to do a little celebrating... I SURVIVED STUDENT TEACHING!!! With my class, that was no small feat :P But really, I did enjoy it. I learned a lot. And I made a life-long friend in my co-operating teacher (who just so happened to go through the temple for the first time last weekend, so Jeff and I were able to join her and her husband for that.) Student teaching was the cause of a lot of stress and tears for me, but the second I finished my portfolio review, it felt as though a weight was lifted off my shoulders. Seriously. All I really had to go through after that was parent-teacher conferences (also a headache, but that's another story for another day.)

But, because of parent teacher conferences there was no school on Friday. Which was a good thing because I was so utterly and completely exhausted. I came home from Jeff's Thursday night and basically collapsed into bed. I told him I'd text him in the morning to let him know i was up. Well, 8:30 rolls around and he still hadn't heard from me, but just knew that I was already up. Not so. He woke me up. He felt bad, but I say it was okay. I had things that I could get done while still sitting in bed and didn't get out of bed until 10:00.

I got my kitchen and bathroom completely clean. (All I have left to do this week is clean my bedroom, do another load of laundry, and vacuum the floor). I washed and vacuumed my car. And I went with Jeff's sisters Amy and Alison to look for wedding flowers. I found EXACTLY what I want. I just have to head back down to get a sample tomorrow so I can take them up to Idaho this weekend to show the florist and lady who's making my cake what I found so we know what we need to get. I had a blast with them! I love having big sisters! And I'll be getting some pretty cute nieces and nephews to boot!

That night, Jeff and I drove down to Provo to go to the temple there. We also went to dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory. It was pretty yummy.

Saturday morning I was up bright and early. Jeff and I had a full day planned: We were going to go apartment hunting!! Yep. We went searching for OUR first home. That was pretty exciting. We knocked out 9 of the 15 places on our list, and by mid-afternoon, we had narrowed it down to 2 places. We looked up the ratings of the complexes online, as well as the crime-rates in both areas and have decided where we want to live. Now we just have to pray that they'll have the apartment we want available for us when we need it. Which will be sometime the first part of June so I don't have to live in a cardboard box. (Not that the people I live with would kick me out, because they wouldn't. But their daughter is getting home from her mission and I don't want to intrude on their family time, because I know how it is. So I plan to move out before she gets home.)

After the search for apartments, Jeff introduced me to his favorite hole-in-the-wall restaurant, Moochies, where i had the BEST Philly Cheesesteak sandwich I've ever tasted. Oh, it was mouth-watering good! Then we hit up the new City Creek Center downtown. It was crazy packed. Like worse-than-Disneyland packed. (Okay...probably not...but it was packed!) We wandered a bit. Then headed over to the Gateway. You see, I'm on the hunt for a graduation/Easter/wedding luncheon dress. And still haven't found one I like. *sigh* I guess I have one I can wear if I can't find one I like in the next little bit...but honestly! I'm not THAT picky! I'm also on the hunt for a bridesmaid dress for Kesha for the wedding.

So basically...that's what's up with me. I've got a week left here in Utah, then I'll be home for a week working on wedding plans and such getting ready for graduation. Then it will be back down here to start my temporary job and continue hunting for a job for the fall. Wish me luck in my endeavors!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck in your endeavors!!!! Wedding planning is always fun... try not to stress too much and just enjoy it! Its just one day after all, not worth too much stress, its the life after the wedding that is important! I am SO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) haha you are so cute. I am glad that you found the dress though I saw that on FB. oooh soo fun you have "found" the place :) Its all exciting I'm so happy for you!!! less than 3 months away! :)

    ReplyDelete