Thursday, March 15, 2012


No one needs to read this post. In fact, it's probably better that you don't, because it's strictly me venting, and at this time of night with this level of stress, that's never a good thing.

For starters, I am SO fed up with my class right now. I can't take it any more. I've all but given up even trying to teach. The students don't listen to me. They don't respect me. And I"m at the end of my rope trying to be patient and not blow my top at them. I only have 10 more days in the classroom. Hallelujah! It will be nice to be done. Very nice. But before those 10 days are up, I have my huge portfolio review by professors from campus who are coming down. I just finished teaching the unit I have to use to put that portfolio together yesterday. Which basically means that I have the weekend to put this huge portfolio together and make it look super professional and well thought out. And my motivation level is at ZERO right now. And my stress level, on a scale of 1-10, is at about a 20. Those two numbers are not a good sign for the amount of sleep I'm going to be getting in the next week.

Next, I give a ride to one of the other student teachers. Every morning, I text her when I'm leaving my house. It takes me 10 minutes to get to hers.  I call her when I'm rounding the corner to let her know I'm there. And I still end up waiting for a good 10 minutes EVERY morning. Today it was 20. I should have just left. And I might tomorrow if she's not ready. My BIGGEST pet peeve is being late/ having others be late. Not to mention, it's just common courtesy to be on time when someone else is going out of their way to pick you up.

Also, my engagement ring had to be resized. Which it shouldn't have had to be in the first place, because we very clearly told them what size it needed to be when we ordered it. And they clarified it back to us 2 or 3 times. But no. They gave us a 6.5, not a 6 like I needed. And, when Jeff went to pick it up on the day they told us it would be ready, it wasn't ready yet. Not having it didn't ruin his plan of proposing, but it did frustrate him. But, we took it in on Monday after school to be resized. They told us we'd have it back today. That was 3 days...should have been plenty of time to take the size down, right? No. I still don't have it. When Jeff showed up tonight, I could see that he was upset...and I instantly knew why. I don't blame him at all, and didn't get mad. I was so disappointed though. It's such a small thing, but it means so much to me. And, if it's not done tomorrow, the soonest I'll have it back is Monday. I have now been without my ring longer than I've had it. I am just so frustrated with everything I have going on now. Needless to say, they're going to be getting a VERY upset phone call from me tomorrow. And should consider themselves lucky that Jeff is the one going in to pick it up, and not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment