Saturday, March 10, 2012

Best. Day. EVER!!!!

I've been expecting it...and was trying to wait patiently. But my patience was starting to run thin waiting. I thought for sure that something would happen last night. It was, after all, our 2-month anniversary of our initial contact online and our 6-week anniversary of our first date. Seriously...when he rang the doorbell last night and I wasn't quite ready I was so flippin' nervous that I couldn't even bring myself to open my door right away to go out and see him. I was more nervous than I was for our first date! But eventually I did. And as the night dragged on, I realized that he wasn't going to be doing anything. So last night I stood in front of my closet and tried to think of what I would want to wear when, and if, I got engaged this weekend up here in Idaho.

I got up bright and early this morning so I could curl my hair and look cute "just in case," though I wasn't going to let myself hope for anything to happen. I got a text from Jeff this morning asking how I'd slept. And unfortunately it wasn't as good as I would have liked. But I'd slept some. He got an "I hate you right now" text from me. And I may or may not have called him a punk on more than one occasion. I headed off to school, bracing myself for yet another long day of dealing with 6th graders.

I got to school and walked into my classroom, totally not looking forward to the day with a sub...one who I really don't like but who keeps the kids under control. I got to my classroom and walked through the door to find a special surprise at my desk. Jeff was sitting in my chair with a camera set up on a tripod on my desk. Needless to say, I was speechless. Well...not quite speechless. But shocked. VERY shocked! The first words out of my mouth were "What are you doing here?" (Um...Kira...that's a rhetorical question. Why else would your boyfriend be sitting in your desk, when you know he has your engagement ring? DUH!!)

I gave him a big hug (looking all nerdy with my backpack and lunch box hanging off of it). He told me that on January 29 (our 3rd date, and day we decided we wanted to see where things would go) he asked me a question, and asked if I remembered what it was. Apparently, the question was if I had a middle name. The answer to that question was no, I don't. And he turned my attention to the board where he had written "Miss Good, will you marry me?" I was so happy! I wanted to cry, but there were no tears to cry. Well, of course I said yes!

I was on cloud 9 all day long. And my class was incredibly well-behaved...mostly because they really wanted to hear the story of how it happened and I held it over their heads that I wouldn't tell them if they weren't perfectly behaved.

So yes. Good news of the month. Kira's engaged. July 6 is the big day. Rexburg temple is the place.

The end.




2 comments:

  1. So beautiful!!!! congratulations! There is nothing more wonderful than starting your own eternal family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe!!! that is soo cute!!! How fun! haha that is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete