Monday, June 27, 2011

Sprinklers

My break between classes today started as a perfectly normal break would for me. I went down to the end of the campus where my next class would be and parked myself on the lawn outside of the library. I pulled out my computer and went about checking my e-mail because our internet here was out all weekend. I was enjoying the sunshine...when all of a sudden the unthinkable happened...the sprinklers came on, only on the section of grass where I was seated. I leaped up and ran my computer over to a bench out of reach of the sprinklers. Then I ran back for my backpack and shoes. I settled down on a bench outside of the library to dry off. About 5 minutes later, I realized that I didn't have my phone. And then I remembered. It had been on my lap when I leaped up to get my computer away from the sprinklers. I ran down the steps...and sure enough, lying there in the grass, was my cell phone. Perfect. Just my luck. When I got to my next class, I was telling some of my classmates about my adventure, and one of them just so happens to work for Verizon. He asked to see my phone, and immediately took the back off and popped out the battery. There was a lovely puddle of water inside my phone. Just my luck. So I'm going back to the days of no cell phone while my phone is sitting in a container full of rice to make sure it is fully dried out before I put the battery back in and attempt to turn it on again. Fantastic. I know that just because I don't have my phone I'm going to have 10 million messages and missed calls when I finally turn it back on again.

No comments:

Post a Comment