Monday, October 18, 2010


Dear Family and Friends,

Well, here we are in the last week of transfer #10. I can't believe how fast the time is flying. We'll get transfer calls again this weekend... for my second to last transfer. Holy Cow. There are so many exciting things going on in the area.

Tuesday: It was p-day. We were finally able to convince the Elders to play volleyball with us. I've lost the skills I obtained by playing every day in the MTC, but I'm not afraid of the ball! That night the youth in the Spanish ward were playing volleyball and I got nailed in the face, and thought for sure that I was going to get a black eye. It hurt REALLY bad!

Wednesday: I didn't have a black eye, but my face hurt pretty good. We went and helped the elders paint a sister’s house. That was a lot of fun, then we had several appointments.

Thursday: We went with the elders and did a service project for Rosa, who will be baptized in a couple of weeks, to clean up all the weeds she had in her yard. We did a TON of work! Rosa was super surprised and grateful. Now her kids can go outside and play without getting stickers in their feet.

Friday: My allergies were super bad. I couldn't see or breathe. I got some good allergy medicine though that's working pretty good. We had a really good member present lesson with one of our investigators and a sister who just moved into our ward. That night we had coordination, and helped the Gonsales' clean their house and whatnot as payback for always feeding us when we're there for coordination.

Saturday: We did our weekly planning because we had investigators who could only meet on Friday morning. For dinner, I broke my goal of not eating menudo on my mission. I've made it 15 1/2 months successfully... but failed miserably with a short 3 months left. For those who don't know, menudo is cow stomach soup. Sister Jardine and I describe the taste as stinky barnyard, one of the elders calls it soggy carpet. Take it what you will. And bring on the cow tongue--I'd SO much rather eat that!

Sunday: We had a great day at church! We had a couple investigators in the English ward. One of our Spanish investigators went to the English ward which I think is so much a better match for her. The members were all so welcoming to her, and are all so willing to fellowship her. She knew a lot of people in the Spanish ward who knew a lot about her past and were judgmental and didn't have faith that she'd be able to quit smoking. In the English ward there are just a lot of people who love and support her already. She'll be baptized either the last week of October or first of November, depending on if she can fully quit smoking this week. And we had breakfast for dinner--I haven't had that in a long time! It was tasty!

We have an appointment with a part member family tomorrow, so hopefully we'll be able to start teaching her. I hope you all have a great week. I'll let you know next Monday where I'll be hanging out for the next 6 weeks!

Love you all!

Hermana Good

No comments:

Post a Comment