Monday, June 21, 2010

New Mexico Albuquerque Mission or New Mexico Farmington Mission??

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, Saturday was the big night to find out if I'll finish my mission in the New Mexico Albuquerque Mission or the new New Mexico Farmington Mission. But we're not to Saturday yet, so you can just read on ;)

It was a good week, though we pretty much did the same thing every day.

Monday: We went to Mesa Verde. We were waiting for Sister Cabello's foot to start feeling better so she could walk without the boot she's been wearing. She was to wear it for a full 8 weeks which she wasn't quite to yet (which was hit yesterday) but we wanted to go do something that she'll probably never have the opportunity to do again in her life. Her foot was hurting by the end of the day, but she was able to keep up with us (don't worry, we slowed things down a little). It was a perfect day to be there because it was overcast, so it wasn't too hot.

Tuesday: We did some tracting and started saying our goodbyes to people up here, because we really were 99.9% sure that we were being transferred.

Wednesday: We did some more tracting and said some more goodbyes, but threw some service into the mix.

Thursday: Pretty much the same, but take out the service and add district meeting.

Friday: Shaina--if you're reading this happy birthday! If you're not, I hope someone passes on the message that I was thinking about you because I don't have your address to have sent you a card. Sorry. We did weekly planning, and boy was it a nightmare. We planned very thoroughly for the Elders who would be coming into 2nd ward and Spanish. We wrote out detailed explanations of where each of our investigators are in their progress, and even added backup plans for them! That's what I hope I'm going into with this double transfer, but I'm following Elders (though I hear they're very good elders) so we'll see tomorrow evening. Things are hard with a double transfer, because you know nothing about the area or the people.

Saturday: We had lots of visits and lots of goodbyes. We got transfer calls Saturday night, and as I'm sure you can assume, Sister Cabello and I are being double transferred out of Cortez. We're actually bouncing right back to the same Zone we just came from, though an entirely different area and stake. We are going to: Santa Fe North (is there a song that starts with "Santa Fe", because if not, I've made one up and it's been stuck in my head for the past 2 days) We'll have a Spanish branch up there which is pretty exciting. And we are following 2 really good Elders, so I'm expecting a very updated area book and plans for the week with information about the investigators, but I'm not so sure about the apartment. That one kinda has me nervous that I'm going to have to go in there and clean up a big mess (but at least we won't have to fix the area too.) President Anderson told us that they have been working very hard up there to have a good strong area.

Sunday: Happy Fathers Day Dad and Grandpa! And speaking of Father's Day, do you know what I realized as I was sitting in Sacrament Meeting yesterday listening to the talks on fathers? That it was exactly one year ago, on Father's Day 2009, that I gave my farewell talk in the Single's Branch. Has it really been a year? It was our last day of church. The ward members are very sad to see us go, and sadder to hear that they've got Elders coming in, but it made them feel a little better that they're the Zone Leaders coming up from Durango. We pretty much finished up our goodbyes, though we still have a couple left today before we head south in the morning. We started laundry and packing when we got back to the apartment (with 2 of us leaving, we kinda had to start washing our clothes because otherwise we'd never finish washing and being able to pack with all of our clothes, towels, and bedding to wash. We got 4 loads done last night, and did 4 or 5 more this morning, and we're still not done!)

So yeah. That's what's going on for me here. I will be staying in the New Mexico Albuquerque Mission with President Miller. Oh, did I mention that Sister Cabello and I are staying together? 'Cause we are. That will be 5 of my 8 transfers that we've been together. It's a good thing we get along. I'll get to meet President Miller at the mini Zone Conference on my birthday next week. That will be exciting! What a great way to spend your birthday as a missionary--at Zone Conference learning from your mission president! I'm pretty excited! (I'm just hoping that the Church Zone Conference is close to one of the train stations in Albuquerque, because there is NO way that we're going to have enough miles to go there and back on the last day of the month when the car we'll be getting is already going to Albuquerque tomorrow for transfers because the Elders both have to get down and we both have to get back to Santa Fe.) If not, oh well. We'll be walking. Oh, and you all know how I'm a big 'ol cry baby and how I sobbed when I said goodbye to ya'll a year ago, and then again when I left Rio Rancho 3 months ago? I haven't cried yet, and have said goodbye to many people I have grown to love dearly. Maybe it's because I know that I'll be able to get back in contact with them all in just a few months? Who knows. Or maybe my tear-makers have just stopped working.

Um... yeah. SO that's me for this week. I'm closing another chapter of my mission and excited to see how the next one goes. Stay tuned in next week!

Love, Hermana Good

No comments:

Post a Comment