Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Horizon City, Texas, Transfer 12, Week 4

Well, time seems to pass even quicker every week. I mean, didn't y'all just get an e-mail from me like yesterday? But whatever. I have been reflecting this week on the fact that I am here at the end of the mission. I truly feel like a different person than I was 18 months ago. I have grown in ways that I never could have imagined. I am excited to see what these last few weeks bring for me. It's starting to hit me that this really is the end. Next week is my last full p-day, because the week after that I'll have to head up to Albuquerque on the next Monday. I'll probably get my trunky papers in the mail this week. But on to happier missionary thoughts!

Monday: We went to Sister Bittner's and made tile pictures. We've got to go finish them up this afternoon. That was a fun little crafty project that we did, but it took so long that we were absolutely rushing everywhere else we had to go by the time we finished e-mailing.

Tuesday: We had some really great lessons! And our Ward Mission Leader in the Spanish Ward took all of us out to dinner for our coordination meeting. That was just a big ol' party. But the Mexican food... Yum Yum! I'm sure gonna miss that when I get home.

Wednesday: We had some more great lessons. I know I had more to write... but I totally forgot my notebook with my list of weekly activities on the couch at home. I even had it with my stuff and just forgot to grab it. Oh well. We'll blame the Alzheimer's and old age.

Thursday: It was rainy and windy and cold and just plain yucky outside! That makes for a miserable day any time.

Friday: We had district meeting. It was freezing cold outside, and what a wonderful genius I am, I forgot to take my coat. I was wearing a sweater, but it didn't quite cut it for me. But I made it through the end of 2010 without using it. We also did our weekly planning that evening.

Saturday: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I was woken up by fireworks exploding above our house... though it sounded like they were right there in our bedroom... at midnight. I wished myself a happy new year and rolled over and went right back to sleep. It was once again cold. I wore a sweater and dug my tights out and wore my coat. I stayed nice and warm. I'm so glad that it looks like it's going to be warmer today because I don't know if I could handle it. (Yes, I'm very well aware of the temperatures up in Idaho right now. I'm praying to have at least one pair of jeans that fit me so that I don't absolutely freeze, because I won't be able to handle my skirts in those temperatures!) We also had some great visits. It was my 18 month mark. I went downstairs before Sister Newbold that morning, but realized that it was pretty dang cold outside and ran back upstairs to get my coat. When I got there, I found that she had "heart attacked" my bed. It was so sweet of her to think of me and do that for me! Of course it was just another bitter-sweet moment realizing that with 18 months gone, I DEFINITELY don't have much time left. But I have such amazing companions!

Sunday: It was a rough day. It was my last fast and testimony meeting as a missionary. I knew that I had to get up and bear my testimony in both wards. I have grown to love the people here so much. I know that I still have a couple more Sundays, but I don't know if I'll have another chance to thank them for all their help and express my love for them. I was crying during the sacrament and while I waited for my turn to share my testimony, and after I sat down, but I was able to share my testimony with a clear voice, with my head held high. And I looked the wards in the eye with a smile on my face. But after church it really hit me. The Elders asked me to play the piano for a baptism they had, and while we were watching a movie waiting for the people to get changed, I bawled. I only have two more Sundays as a missionary. Two. TWO! Wow. I really can't believe how fast the time has gone.

So yeah. That's my week in a nutshell. I hope y'all are doing great and keeping warm! I am excited for some special training this week! There are so many sisters in the mission I haven't ever met! And it will be nice to be able to say goodbye to those who I do know.

Have a fabulous week, and a great start to 2011!

Love you all!

Love, Hermana Good

No comments:

Post a Comment