Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lovin' the MTC



Holy cow! Yet another week at the MTC has come and gone. Time is just flying by! I can hardly believe that it has been 5 weeks already, it certainly doesn't seem like it has been that long!

Wed: We went to the temple (go figure, that's how I've started every e-mail.) I love going to the temple and the Spirit that is felt there! Wed. night we had our TRC, and taught in English for the last time. We had a family come in to be our investigator. The oldest was 7, and the other kids were 4, 2, and 2 months. So adorable! After the lesson, the dad had the 7 year old give the prayer and he asked that the missionaries would be safe and that they would find people to baptize into this good church. I miss kids so much! It was way good to spend that 45 minutes with them, even if they were really rowdy. I Loved it! We had another missionary leave us--this time from my district--to go home for double shoulder surgery, so our zone got together and sang again. How depressing. We were all in tears again. Oh! And CONGRATULATIONS BRITNEY! I'm way excited for you... and am still waiting for the pictures of you with Jeff and your ring!



Thurs: Elder Kinney left, which was a sad day for all of us. I haven't heard how he's doing yet, but I would assume that he's had his surgery by now so he can have PT and get to the Dominican Republic ASAP. I had some really good calls in the RC again. I love going to the RC and talking to people. I really felt the Spirit during one of my calls. I got the package from Leeann and Jes. Thanks for the letters, and I absolutely loved the testimonies from the YW. It was so amazing to read their simple testimonies. Thanks for thinking of me! Love you girls!

Fri: We had our weekly LGM (Large Group Meeting) on having the faith to find investigators. It was a really good meeting, and I plan on implementing the things we talked about when I get to New Mexico IN LESS THAN 4 WEEKS!!! Hermana Waldrop y yo also taught the first lesson in Espanol for the first time in the TEC. It went pretty good, especially considering the fact that our Spanish still isn't all that great. To be completely honest, I prefer teaching in Spanish. We played volleyball and lightening in gym, which was fun. And guess what! Friday was my one month mark! Time has just flown by! I can hardly believe that I'm already done with the first month. It really hasn't seemed that long.

Sat: We taught the 1st lesson en Espanol to some of the elders in our district. Again, it went really well. Each time we teach we implement new things. And each time we feel that the lesson goes better. For my personal scripture study I read Jacob 5--which was amazing. I actually understood and was able to apply it for the first time! it was really cool! I highly recommend reading that chapter--with a missionary mindset. We are using more Spanish all the time. Half of the time things in my journal come out in Spanish, you know, a line or two. And random words come out of my mouth in English when I'm talking too. I don't know how to pray in English any more. Okay, I do, but I have to really think about it.



Sun: I LOVE Sunday! We had mission conference since it was fast Sunday. The conference was so good, like most meetings--okay, all meetings--here at the MTC. After Sacrament Meeting, Hermana Waldrop y yo walked up to the temple to study for a while. I'd arranged to meet Elder McRae (my cousin for those who don't know) so we could get a picture together before he leaves in a couple of weeks. I sat and wrote in my journal while looking at the temple. It was so nice to feel the Spirit of the temple as I recorded my thoughts about my commitment to the Lord while I am a missionary. We also took some pictures by the map. We're wanting to get our district over there one of these days to get a picture together. Our fireside was so great too. I sat by Sorella Jenkins. It was nice to be able to visit with her before it started. I see her frequently, but never really get the chance to visit. For one of the prelude hymns, we sang "Army of Helaman" but they changed the lyrics for us so the song was in present tense "We are now the Lord's missionaries" I bawled. The Spirit in the room as we sang that was so amazing. Have I mentioned that I love the MTC? Hermana Waldrop y yo watched a replay of a devotional Pres. Uchtdorf gave in April 2006 about missionary work. It was a way good talk as well. Sunday was just an all around amazing day. I also saw Jori Nef, who I went to high school with. We talked for about 15 minutes while Hermana Waldrop y yo were supposed to be planning, but don't worry. We were still in our room by our 10:00 curfew (so we have 1/2 hour for companion prayer and journal writing etc). Hna. Nef is going to Daniel's mission (her cousin). Sunday was my halfway point here at the MTC. That was a crazy thought! Oh and guess what mom. I'm still being plagued by spilly-itis. On Friday I spilled my breakfast on the skirt that I'd just washed. It's in the washing machine now. And at dinner on Sunday I spilled hot fudge on my dry clean only jacket. I just dropped it off at the cleaners when I came down here to do laundry.

Mon: We taught the 1st lesson 3 times. One time we taught it to our Zone leaders, one of whom has only been a member of the church for 3 years. He was able to ask some good questions, but it was a way neat experience. The gift of tongues is amazing! I didn't sleep very well Sunday night. And by not very well I mean that I was still awake at 1:30 am. And I couldn't turn on a light to read my scriptures or anything either. I had to just lay there in the dark. Now that we're just reviewing I don’t get as exhausted and it has been harder for me to fall asleep the past week or so. I got a paqueta y cartas from mi familia! I laughed so hard when I saw bear's tooth. He is getting so big? i also got a card from maryellen. it was good to hear from her. oh, and during gym i got nailed in the face with a volleyball. don't worry, my glasses are ok... and so is my nose.

tues: so i realized that i wrote in my journal monday night--completely in spanish. that was kinda cool, 'cause i didn't even have to think about what i was writing. we taught the first lesson again in spanish in preparation for our trc tonight. our devotional was president merril j bateman. he gave a really good talk about the temple and gave me some neat things to think about up there this morning. we got back to our room and cleaned in preparation for the new sisters who arrived today. we briefly met them. they're going to baltimore maryland--english speaking, which means they'll be gone before we will be. hno erickson told us that he's leaving us next week for his new job, so we'll be getting a new teacher. he's only been home from his mission to spain for 3 weeks. that will be cool.

well, i am almost out of time, so i better run. sorry for the typos. the computers here in the laundry room are no bueno. and the shift key hasn't been working for the past 10 minutes. oh well. i love you all and hope you have a most fantabulous week :)

love, hermana good

No comments:

Post a Comment