Monday, August 31, 2009

Albuquerque, NM ... Here she comes!

We had a wonderful phone call this morning:) Kira called us from the airport to say she is alive and well. She talked to each of here at home and then called her dad at work. Luckily it was early enough in the morning so the kids could talk to her before they left for their first day of school. It made for a great beginning of the day. She is also very excited to get to New Mexico and start her mission there. I asked her if she was ready. Her reply was, "Yes, I am, I don't know about my Spanish though." I assured her it would be fine, too. It was great hearing her voice. We were use to talking to each other almost daily before she left, so this has been hard on both of us. She sounds happy. She had a hard time saying good-bye to those she knew from the MTC. There are 18 missionaries going to her mission: 2 were sisters--Sister Good & Sister Lamb. I forgot to ask her how many of those were Spanish speaking. Now we look forward to that first letter from New Mexico. She's going to do awesome! We are so proud of her. Look for the first post from New Mexico, probably next week.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! You got to talk to your girl. I'll bet you were on cloud 9 all day! New Mexico will love her!

    ReplyDelete