Thursday, September 1, 2011

And Should We DIe Before Our Journey's Through...

I heard something at work today that absolutely broke my heart. Of course, it always makes me sad when a missionary dies for whatever reason, but this one hit me even more. I don't know why, but it did. A sister missionary who had been out for 13 months was killed in a car accident on Tuesday, as reported on Deseret News.

I think this one hit me because it reminded me of my interview with President Stewart before he sent in my mission papers, now almost 2 1/2 years ago. I don't remember much from that interview. Okay, I don't remember anything about that interview--except for one thing. He asked me what I would say if I was called Home while I was on my mission. I remember tears filling my eyes, but saying that if that was my Father's will, I would accept that. No, it wouldn't be easy. But I have the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and that brought me great strength.

I was blessed to be able to return home to my family 8 months ago, and continue my life as I planned. And I am so grateful for that. My thoughts and prayers go out to Sister Bentley and her family, as well as her companion and all of the missionaries in her mission. She will be a great blessing to those in the Spirit World as she goes and shares the beautiful message of the Gospel until the Second Coming of our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment