Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Reuniones de la Mision

This past weekend I went back to Utah. I had a mission reunion, and I wasn't going to miss it! Friday I got off work, ran home...er...drove, grabbed a few things, picked up a friend who was going with me (it made for a much better drive than last week's drive alone) and hit the road! Kelsey and I had a great time talking. Where she was and English sister and I Spanish, and we never really served around each other we didn't get to know each other very well in the mission field. We stopped in Tremonton to eat dinner. Then we got back on the road, for maybe 1/2 hour when we hit some pretty good traffic. It stretched out for quite a way in front of us. Lucky for us, we were right by an off-ramp, so we got over and got off the freeway, taking the back road to get to our reunion. Thank goodness we had my GPS, or we would have been very lost.

We got the church where the reunion was being held, and right away started seeing people we had known in the mission! Several former Spanish Elders were there...3 of them who served en la Rama Coronado with me. 3 of my former District Leaders were there. A former Zone Leader was there too. Two of my former companions were there. And of course President and Sister Anderson! It was great to see them again. President Anderson had us all gather in the chapel where he spoke to us for a bit. Then we moved into the cultural hall and had refreshments and got caught up on each other's lives after the mission. It was so much fun! We didn't want to leave :)
Four generations of missionaries: Me, my trainer Trunnell (now Olsen), my grandma Hartford (now Villanueva), and my great-grandma
The 5th generation, Hermana Cabello, goes home to Peru in a week


Barley and Anderson


Me, Waters, and Lamb


Weatherston and Wilding


Weatherston and Shade


With President and Sister Anderson


SPANISH MISSIONARIES! The 6 of us on the right all served en la Rama Coronado (or what would be la Rama) at one time or another, working together to get that moving! I never knew the other 3 on the left


Me and Shade

1 comment: