Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's All in the Attitude!

So I went country dancing tonight, as I do most Wednesday nights. I didn't go last week, mainly 'cause it was Jill's birthday so we were doing things to celebrate, but partly because the week before was horrible! I was only there for maybe an hour, and the longer I stood there, the angrier I got. You're probably asking, "But Kira, isn't country dancing supposed to be fun? Why were you angry?" Yes, country dancing is supposed to be fun. But the point of going dancing is to meet boys, and quite frankly the boys don't exactly ask girls to dance. Well, let me rephrase that. The boys don't ask me to dance. Oh, plenty of guys ask girls to dance. Just never me. I don't get it. Why is that? So yes, I was angry standing there because the boys weren't asking me to dance. They'd look at me and walk right on past. Okay, okay. That could be partly attributed to the fact that I likely had a very sour look on my face, almost like I wanted to punch someone in the nose... 'cause I did. But I tried to look happy. I tried really hard. To be honest, from what I remember something happened that day that put me in a bad mood anyway. I don't have a clue what it was. But I wasn't super happy with life. I went dancing hoping that it would cheer me up. Ha! Quite the contrary. I came home wanting to punch someone in the nose and I'm pretty sure that I cried myself to sleep that night. Anywho, I went dancing tonight and I had a pretty good time. It wasn't super excellent, but it wasn't bad. I danced once, and there were lots of line dances. I like those. But I also went tonight with a good attitude. I went in thinking that I was going to have a good time, no matter what. Yeah, I would have been disappointed if no one had asked me to dance at all, but it wouldn't have been the end of the world. And to be honest, I'm a little disappointed that I wasn't asked more. But I'll survive. There's still two months of dancing left this semester. And I'm confident that if I go in with a good attitude, telling myself that I'll have a good time no matter what, I'll actually start having a good time. At least that sounds good, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment