Monday, April 19, 2010

Cortez, CO Transfer 6, Week 3

Well, another week has come and gone and spring is definitely here. The trees are turning green, the fields are being planted. And the snow is gone. I also can't breathe despite allergy medicine because of the pollen in the air. But it's beautiful, and I'm not complaining because spring is my favorite season to watch come in.

Monday: It was another windy p-day. The wind was horrible, but still not quite as bad as the Monday before (we know because we could still see the mountain that had disappeared the week before). And my appetite was mas o menos back to normal after the incident over the weekend and not hardly eating anything.

Tuesday: We had Zone Conference, so we had to wake up early to drive to Durango. Well, we woke up and looked out the window and saw a few inches of fluffy white snow covering everything. As I drove to Durango, there were times I could hardly see the road. Boy was I grateful that I learned how to drive in the snow. But the Conference was beautiful! It was definitely my favorite one yet. I don't know. The Spirit was SO strong and I learned SO much! It was such a wonderful thing to be instructed by our President and the Assistants and our Zone Leaders. President Anderson also told us about the new mission Presidents. President Miller who will preside over the Albuquerque mission also served in the Southwest Indian Mission--the same as President Anderson, and President Jones who will preside over the Farmington Mission is currently an area authority 70 over the area. He said they are both wonderful men. It will be interesting to see where I end up in a few weeks. When I saw Sister Anderson at Zone Conference we told her about the fish (because we'd thought of that since we called her) and she said it could have been partly an allergic reaction as well. So yes, Sister Good is allergic to fish. I have been drinking water like crazy (when I told Sister Anderson I was drinking a lot of water she said "I know. I could hear you sloshing clear down the hall." I love her!)

Wednesday: We had beautiful weather. We found several new English investigators, which was one of our goals for the week, because we were teaching mostly Spanish people (which wasn't a problem for us, but since this is a bi-lingual area, we decided that we really need to teach English speakers as well).

Thursday: It was another day exactly like Wednesday. Beautiful and full of finding new English investigators. We met several wonderful people.

Friday: We did our weekly planning for week 4 of the transfer and were wondering where the time was going. Time is rapidly passing. And with each day that passes, Sister Shade is more in denial of how soon she goes home. We make a point not to talk about it (which is hard with members asking her all the time how long she has left). It was rainy and thundering.

Saturday: It was another beautiful day. We did more finding and taught a few lessons to some new investigators. Our dinner appointment was out in tim-buc-two. We thought we'd never get there. But it was a beautiful drive through a canyon (if we'd known how far it was we would have had them pick us up). Everything is turning green. And you want to know what is really hilarious? Out there, the cows are just hanging out, grazing on the side of the road. Nope, they weren't fenced in. It's real deep country out there. I was just 7 miles from the Utah border, and found out that our ward boundaries go clear to the border. (And totally random side note--when I walked into their bathroom, they have the same floor that mom used to have in her kitchen, remember the old gray floor with blue flowers? Talk about a trip down memory lane).

Sunday: Sister Shade and I were asked to speak in church, and they ask the speakers if they want to do a musical number, so we sang too. She spoke about obedience and I spoke about missionary work and how members can help. We sang "We'll Bring the World His Truth," doing the first verse in Spanish, second in English, and third in Spanglish--me singing English and her singing Spanish. I translated in Relief Society for one of our investigators. I always feel bad when I have to translate because there are so many words that I don't know. But a missionary's gotta do what a missionary's gotta do.

All in all, it was a really good week. And we're looking forward to another good week this week.

I love you all.

Hermana Good

No comments:

Post a Comment